The child-daycare center of Kibbutz Hazorea generously agreed to provide us with suitable accommodation. The facilities which we will be using consist of three classrooms, an adjacent common room and airconditioning. Showers are located a short walk from the accommodation Since the rooms are used by the school in daytime, we will have to move sleeping bags and mats aside to make space, but packing is not needed. There is nice porch outside, which invites to sit outside in the evenings.
Since this is a boarding school and we are surrounded by young people, it is very important to me that we appear as a friendly, well behaved group.
There will be three meals available during the day:
Breakfast: Around 9 we will have an Israeli breakfast in the field with white cheese, cottage, vegetables, eggs, bread, yoghurt.
Lunch: We will have a cooked meal once a day at the Hazorea Kibutz Cantine, usually at lunch, but it might get moved to dinner a few times. Since the Kibbutz offers a large variety of foods, there will be something for every taste, and still stay excavation-budget friendly. You can chose: 1 portion of meat (chicken, beef, fish) + 3 side dishes, chose from carb (rise, mashed potatoes etc), soup, cooked veg and salad. Drinks and desert will be at your own expense.
Please note that the Hazorea Kitchen is NOT KOSHER.
Dinner: After work, a light dinner will be improvised; with salad, bread, tuna, cheese back at the accommodation.
What to bring:
- Sleeping bag and sleeping mat (we will have some spare and might get some cushions etc. but bring what you have, the more, the comfier.)
- Water container (normal plastic-bottle is fine)
- Head cover
- Work clothes (tshits, long pants)
- Closed shoes (no open shoes on the site allowed for safety reasons!)
- Gloves (some will be available, but bring a pair if you can)
- Personal hygiene equipment and a towel
- Swim-suit (might not be needed, but I live in hope that the kibbutz pool will open at Pesach)
- plate, cup, cutlery (I want to avoid ridiculous amounts of plastic garbage.)